Kwalata Game Ranch identified building needs at the TLC (Tender Love and Care) old age home as their project for Mandela Day. Kwalata circulated a fund raising proposal to address the homes’ needs and the Tshwane Executive Mayor, David Kgosientso Ramokgopa, adopted the project as his priority and the following sponsors also came on board.
- DESTO Skills Centre (dug the foundations)
- The Kwatlano foundation (sponsored 30 000 bricks)
- Oasis Church (2 trucks +12m3 ready mix cement for the foundation)
- Immunadue Herbal Supplements (140 bags of cement)
- Build-It Hammanskraal (40 bags of cement)
- Empyreal Construction (building sand and facilitation)
- FNB Corporate services (building supplies)
Great thanks also go to Nelly Black of the Mayor’s security detail for arranging:
- Executive Mayor David Kgosientso Ramokgopa of Tshwane Joined in the foundation laying
- SALGA MD (Previous Executive mayor of Johannesburg) Masondo Joined in the foundation laying and contributed blankets
- City of Tshwane parks donated trees
- Foodbank – lunch for 200 elderly and 200 visitors
- Isipetso Wellness – hand and back massages for the elderly
- Sekela Company – brought the groceries and blankets
Kwalata would like to thank everyone for their participation! Their next target is to open the accommodation block. “We are planning on throwing the accommodation block’s floor and invites will be sent soon for all to come and participate and get our hands dirty!” says Charl Pretorius of Kwalata.
If you would like to participate please contact Kwalata for their Needs Lists, on 012 711 8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.